Image Website Review

In LA class, our class has been reviewing different image websites. These websites provide images with citations. Here are the sites I will be reviewing:

Open Clipart (Public Domain)

Pexels (Public Domain)

Open Getty (Public Domain)

First we will start with open clipart. Overall, this was a very non-user friendly website. It was hard to navigate and had really low quality pictures. Most of the pictures were clipart (hence the name) and really wouldn’t fit many people’s needs. It was hard to find pictures with and was overall not very mobile friendly either. I would give it a final grade of a 3/10. It might fit your needs but is not useful to many other needs.

Second, I will be sharing my thoughts on the site Pexels. This website was absolutely amazing. It was super easy to navigate, mobile friendly, and had a great variety of pictures. It was super easy to search for images, find many different images, and even gave categories. It was overall super user friendly and was amazing. I would give it a final grade of a 9/10. Super easy to find images, but could use a tiny bit more variety.

Finally, I will review the site Open Getty images. This site was not very good for most uses. This site would really only be useful for something about history like an essay. It was a pretty low quality site and was very hard to find pictures with. It was kind of user friendly but not super good either. For using it for blogging purposes, I would give it a 1/10. But, for history uses like an essay, I would give it a 7/10. It is good for that purpose but needs a little more variety.

My Recommendation:

Pexels, photo from pexels.com

That’s pretty much it. I really hope you liked this blog and that it will help you with finding good quality pictures!